fredag 18 november 2011

Day 3, senses

Let me know if you also want swedish version.

We have five different traditional senses. Sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. But we also have atleast five additional senses including pain, balance, joint motion & acceleration, temperature differences and direction. If we consider other internal senses which is normally stimulated from within the body we can add atleast six more!

When I close my eyes during running practice I have eliminated one of my major senses which I heavily rely on. What happends is that while running I am forced to rely on all my other senses not to run out of track or lose balance. The best part of running with closed eyes is that I train my other senses to communicate better with each other. Because of this I get a new perception of what running really is. How does motion, speed, acceleration, balance etc. really work inside my body? By removing once sense I can learn so much more about every other aspect of my body and what it really means to run effectivelly. All you health freaks out there, challange yourself! :)

Got nine hours of sleep tonight.

From bed I went straight out for a 45 minute walk followed by 20 minutes of intense running. The cold air really gets to my head. I'll have to start using a hat..

Breakfast:
Sesame milk with fresh fruits (orange, apples, fresh coconut, organic raisins)

Lunch/Dinner:
Mixed sallad (cabbage, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, carrots, sprouts, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, raisins, nori, garlic)

I've been taking alot of naps today :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar